Orthotics can be considered one of the best solutions to managing foot, back and leg pain.
This treatment option can be a solution for a number of foot conditions.
Orthotics often involves the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of conditions affecting the limb. Orthotics are fitted in your shoe and are prescribed by a professional. These items can be custom made or pre-fabricated (off the shelf) and are designed specifically for your condition. Here in my clinic we use pre-fabricated orthotics.
Orthotic insoles can help treat a wide range of leg, back and foot problems. You may be a good candidate for orthotics if you experience some of these symptoms:
- You have pain in certain areas of your foot / ankle
- You have deformities with your feet (bunions, hammertoes, and more)
- You need assistance in improving your ankle or foot function
- You want to reduce the risk of other injury or further injuries
Orthotics are fitted into your shoe or designed to accommodate a range of different conditions of the foot. A qualified podiatrist will recommend an orthotic that has been proven effective based on your diagnosis.
During your podiatry appointment in Reading, I will conduct a physical exam of your feet and look for areas that could be the cause of your pain. When you have just noticed the early symptoms or you are starting to notice that the symptoms of pain are starting to get worse, working with a podiatrist can make sure that your symptoms of pain can be managed. A podiatrist can conduct the full physical exam of your feet and then make recommendations.
Orthotics can be effective in treating a wide range of conditions including:
- Arthritis (osteo and rheumatoid)
- Bunions (providing support underneath)
- Flat feet (and related complications)
- High arches (and related complications)
- Diabetes (related complications of the feet)
- Heel spurs (a bony growth usuall found underneath the calcaneal bone)
- Back pain (usually low back pain)
- Bursitis (in areas of friction and pressure)
- And more
The overall goal of orthotics is to help control the foot and put it in a better position for walking, standing or running. Orthotics can be used to work alongside physical therapy exercises.
Our orthotics are designed to be flexible and to add cushioning into your footwear.
Making sure that your feet are in the proper position can make sure that you can see a reduction in pain without invasive treatments. Orthotics can be custom-made or pre-fabricated (as used in the clinic). Orthotics can be used alongside ankle / knee braces that can improve your level of support.
If you would like to schedule a consultation appointment for biomechanics assessment, view a view to possibly needing orthotics, call 0118 939 1361 or send an enquiry to schedule an appointment.