Benefits of Foot Baths and Massage to Alleviate Foot Pain
Why are our feet important? We spend most of our time on our feet, either working, walking or simply doing everyday tasks like making dinner.
The health of your feet is more important than you probably realise, any issue in your feet can affect your entire body, travelling upwards to disrupt the rest of your bodily functions, so it’s a good idea to consider your feet if you are feeling sore in the knees or hips. But did you know that regular foot massage and baths can help with a whole host of unexpected problems?
What are the benefits of foot massages?
Exactly like having a neck or shoulder rub can help with muscle tension and stress, so can a foot massage. Did you know you have twenty different muscles in your feet? And all of them feel the stress from your daily movement. Massage stimulates the muscle to release lactic acid which causes tightness and that ‘stiff’ feeling.
Foot massage can help alleviate a whole host of problems including;
- Improving your circulation, especially if you have a sedentary job.
- Help relieve PMS and Menopause symptoms, as a foot massage is generally an extremely good stress reliever and can help produce positive hormones it can be extremely helpful for women experiencing any of these issues.
- Relieve Anxiety, many reflexology studies have proven regular foot massages can help keep anxiety and panic at bay.
- Helps with Migraines and headaches.
- It can lower blood pressure, by reducing anxiety and stress.
- Helps with the symptoms of flat feet and plantar fascilitis, as people with flat feet often experience pain after exercise, regular foot rubs can combat this.
What are the benefits of foot baths?
After a long days work soaking your feet certainly feels amazing, but did you know there are genuine health benefits to be experienced from regular foot baths?
Similar to the benefits of foot massage, foot baths unexpectedly tackle a huge variety of problems. Here are some of the amazing things regular foot baths can do for you:
Foot baths also:
- Increase your overall body temperature
- Relax all other muscles in the body
- Stave off the cold or flu
- Increase Circulation
- Reduce Swelling
- Prevent bacteria settling in cuts or blister
- Relieve aches and pains from standing in uncomfortable shoes
- Alleviate stress and anxiety
- Soften hard skin and callouses
Our feet are such an important part of our lives, creating new habits of regular massaging and bathing of your feet would be hugely beneficial for almost anybody. And just being aware of the health of your feet too will make a huge impact on your overall health, if you are currently experiencing any foot related concerns our team of well trained professionals will help you figure out what’s best for your feet, contact us today.